Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Basics Seminar
Hon. Erithe A. Smith, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge
Michael N. Nicastro, Nicastro & Associates, P.C.
Karen Sue Naylor, Ringstad & Sanders, LLP
- Intake Forms and Disclosures – Informing your clients and protecting yourself
- Scope of Representation– 2016 and 2090 Forms
- Section 329 – Disclosing and keeping your fees
- Exemption scheme selection – Which state’s exemption options apply? If California, which set of exemptions?
- 341(a) meetings. How to prepare for “One and done” (TM Richard Marshack) meetings. AKA Care and feeding of Chapter 7 Trustees.
- Dual Track Concept– Asset/Administration and then Liability/Discharge
- Section 707b – Confusion between eligibility to file versus presumption of abuse (a misconception common among new attorneys), filing when presumption exists, exceptions to means test application
- Section 727 – With focus on (a)2 and (a)(5)
- Scope of Discharge – 523 (Including, how to explain what a discharge means and actually does for your client)
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Registration 11:30 a.m. – Noon
Program 12 p.m. SHARP – 1 p.m.
Be sure to allow extra time for parking.
Ronald Reagan Federal Building
411 W. 4th Street, Santa Ana
Pro Bono Room (2nd Floor)
*Despite its name “Brown Bag,” no food or beverages will be allowed in the Meeting Room.
CBF Members and Government Employees $10
Law Students FREE
No-shows may be billed.
Register and prepay online below. Or, email info@OCBF.org with your reservation, then mail your check payment to Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 6789 Quail Hill Parkway #204, Irvine 92603.
In an effort to reduce paper waste, any handouts will typically be emailed to pre-registered individuals.
A limited number of printed handouts (if provided by presenters) will be available at check-in.
Contact OCBF at (949) 681-8676 or info@OCBF.org.
The above activity has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education by the State Bar of California in the amount of 1.0 hour. The OCBF certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for the approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing MCLE.
|January 29, 2019|
|11:30 am - 1:00 pm|