Brown Bag Program
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Basics Seminar:
Resources, Pitfalls and Tips
- Amrane Cohen, Chapter 13 Trustee
- Christopher Langley, Law Offices of Langley & Chang
- When does Chapter 13 make sense?
- Issues to be aware of when there are multiple filings.
- How to classify debts for plan purposes.
- Suggestions of dealing with software programs and checking the forms.
- How to treat business income for plan confirmation.
- Treatment of retirement plans in a chapter 13.
- Dealing with non-participating secured creditors in the plan.
- Helping make sure your clients remain current.
- Liquidating plans?
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Registration 11:30 a.m. – Noon
Program 12 p.m. SHARP – 1 p.m.
Be sure to allow extra time for parking.
Ronald Reagan Federal Building
411 W. 4th Street, Santa Ana
Pro Bono Room (2nd Floor)
*Despite its name “Brown Bag,” no food or beverages will be allowed in the Meeting Room.
OCBF Members and Government Employees $10
Law School Students FREE
We’re no longer accepting advance reservations but will welcome walk-ins at the door.
In an effort to reduce paper waste, any handouts will typically be emailed to pre-registered individuals.
A limited number of printed handouts (if provided by presenters) will be available at check-in.
Contact OCBF at (949) 681-8676 or info@OCBF.org.
The above activity has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education by the State Bar of California in the amount of 1.0 hour. The OCBF certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for the approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing MCLE.
|11:30 am - 1:00 pm|